5 Banta na Bearu, Athy, Co.Kildare, Ireland

+353 87 2499833 rfeely.bcs@gmail.com

Only 3 in 10 American Workers Engaged in their Work!

Only Three in Ten American Workers Engaged in their Work
3 types employees

According to Gallup’s State of the American Workplace: 2010-2012 report, only 30% of American workers were engaged and committed to their workplace. The remaining 70% are showing up to work not committed to delivering their best performance.

Why is this a concern? Disengaged employees may actually be working against their employers’ interests. They are less productive, more likely to steal, negatively influence their coworkers, miss workdays and drive customers away.

There is a cost to this lack of engagement. It has implications for the bottom line of individual companies and the US economy as a whole. Gallup estimates that actively disengaged employees cost the U.S. $450 billion to $550 billion in lost productivity per year.

Integrity Solutions clients say we have important tools to increase employee engagement, starting with a Behavioral Styles Assessment and moving into Integrity Selling, Integrity Coaching and Integrity Service.

Some of the Gallup suggestions resonate with our approach to sales training.

  1. Measure employee engagement.
  2. Show employees how they are making a difference in their environment.
  3. Help managers understand their unique talents.
  4. Coach managers and hold them accountable.
  5. Define goals in realistic, everyday terms.
  6. Find ways to connect with each employee.

Extract from  Integrity Solutions Newsletter March 2014